Effective Date: October 20, 2010
What Information We Gather and Track
We may request personal information when you upload information, register for a product or service, download information, answer a survey, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our Website. For example:
- If you submit an order on-line with us, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name, address, and credit card number.
- If you request technical support online, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the transaction – such as your name address and information about your computer hardware, software and the nature of the problem you are experiencing.
- If you are uploading information or setting up an account, we may ask you for information necessary to identify you in case we need to reach you about your account or any information you have uploaded.
You make the decision whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, however, you may not be able to complete the transaction.
The only other information we automatically collect is information related to the use of our Websites. This information is anonymous and is gathered through our servers’ log files, and we do not use this information to identify you personally. This information allows us to create better content aimed at our viewer’s preferences. These log files record generic information, such as:
- General information when you log in: Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” or “yourschool.edu”); Internet Protocol (IP) address; operating system; the browser used to access our Web site; files downloaded; the date and time you access our site; and the pages that you visited.
- Referral and statistical information where we have links or ad banners. Such data may include aggregate data such as the number of click-throughs that occurred. It may also include specific data, such as whether you are a repeat visitor; whether you viewed or clicked on an ad banner and used our site, and the identity of the site which you linked to or from. We do not use such data to identify you personally.
How We Use the Information We Gather and Track
We use personally identifiable information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters and informative emails;
- To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you;
- To provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you and to improve your experience on our Web site;
- To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs;
- To allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
- To help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you.
All forms on our web sites that send information to a database that may be used in the future, e.g. mailing lists, registration, etc., have check boxes where you specify whether or not you would like to receive information from us in the future. Forms used just to send e-mail, post messages, etc., do not include the option, but will never be used to send information. Be assured that we do not sell our name and address lists. If you choose to receive information from us, each message will also include instructions on how to “unsubscribe” from future mailings should you wish to cancel. If you are on a web page that requires personal information but does not offer communication choices, or would like to change your preferences for information that you have previously provided, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our pages use a feature of your browser called a “cookie.” Cookies, by themselves, are not able to extract any personal information from you. This cookie automatically identifies your computer – but not you – to our servers when you visit our site. Unless you specifically tell us, we will never know who you are, even though we may assign your computer a cookie. Also, our web sites can only read cookies created by our web sites. Cookies allow us to personalize our site for you and to provide you with information that fits your needs and desires.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- We do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide the products or services you have requested or purchased.
- We may use such information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or establish and exercise our legal rights and defend against legal claims.
Security: Secured Data Transmissions
In those instances where we secure your information in transit to us and upon receipt in order to safeguard your personal information, we use the industry standard encryption software, Secured Socket Layer (SSL). The URL in your browser will change from HTTP to HTTPS when this security feature is invoked. Your browser may also display a lock symbol on its bottom task bar line to indicate invoked secure transmission.
Changing your Information
We make a sincere effort to respond to your requests to update or correct the personal information you may have provided us. If you believe that we do not have your current personal information or wish to delete or correct such information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Access by Third Parties
Other Web Sites
We know that your privacy is very important to you. We welcome questions and comments regarding this policy, so feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can or also mail us at:
911 Main Street
Kansas City, MO 64105